Apr 18, 2008

The Earth Moved

We had an earthquake this morning and it isn't the only one in the last 10 years. People describe the feeling of a heavy truck driving by and we have lots of heavy trucks driving by so I didn't notice (plus I was sleeping at 4:30 this morning.) I looked around to see if any plaster fell off the ceiling and it seems our old house danced with it just fine.

Earthquakes make me think of tornadoes and I just flashed back to the tornadoes we've had and the very traumatic moment we realized we were on the freeway in a traffic jam six cars wide driving through seven inches of water heading into a tornado. The radio was telling people to immediately get into the basement and we were in a minivan with glass on all sides driving towards it. I shudder still just remembering it.

1 comment:

Jo said...

Your life there is quite exciting!