Apr 2, 2008

Let's Do lunch

I started researching our trip to Disney World yesterday. Yes, yes, we have been swallowed up by the marketing monster and wallowing in pink princesses and sparkly happiness where employees cast members are required to end every interaction with me by saying "Have a magical day" seems like a perfect way to invest our vacation. I spent hours reading everything about the Magic Kingdom. Where to park, what buses run where, what Cinderella eats for lunch, when the extra special don't you dare miss it "magic hours" are and which resorts are attached to what chlorinated waterslide. Dan thinks we should spend five days exploring all the theme parks and I'm pretty sure that one day of plastic happiness is all I can or should tolerate so we settled on two days at Mickey's followed by an attempt to balance out all that paid for happiness with some found seashells. We're going to trek out to the gulf shore and beach comb for two days, make sand castles, get up early to find shells, loose our sunglasses in the surf, poke dead things in the sand with a stick, go to dinner in a bikini and visit relatives. While I can't seem to book the flight from our local airport for another month I do have to make reservations for lunch with Cinderella this week. My people called her people and her royal disney-ness needs 180 days notice to receive guests from the Midwest. That chick is just too popular, seriously.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i assist my mom with a preschool class on wednesday mornings.
for a month and a half, we heard that "disney princess' is coming - disney princess' is coming!"
i was soooooooo glad when i realized that disney princess' had come and gone.
that was until i heard "i went to disney princess'" for the last two weeks.
when will it end?

Jenny said...

I wish I could remember what movie it was in where the little girl exclaims "Don't call me princess, we live in a Republic not a monarchy!"

Jo said...

It is amazing what we will do for our kids, isn't it?