Jan 3, 2007

Olives, Pies and Oranges

First thing this morning Ella had a knock knock joke for me and it wasn't the usual
"Olive"
"Olive who?"
"Olive you!"

It was one she made up all on her own and I laughed hard because it was so unexpected and then she told it again. It's the first joke she ever made up on her own. It reminds me of the one my little brothers and I told several hundred times from the back seat of the car on the way to Colorado on vacation. Ours went:

"Knock knock"
"Who's there"

"Pie"
"Pie who?"
"Pie in your face! - Bwaaah Haa Haa Haa!"

We thought it was rolling on the floor hilarious every time we told it and even our dear parents played along and laughed too the first hundred times, after the second hundred they started pleading with us to give it a rest already. Anyways, without further hubbub Ella said to me this morning:

"Knock knock"
"Who's there"
"Orange"
"Orange who?"
"Orange that I want you to peel for me for breakfast."

After much laughing and retelling I peeled an orange for her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hee hee .. those jokes are MUCH funnier than the ones Miss E makes up. You have a budding comedian there ;)