Jan 16, 2007

First Day

We rushed into the building carrying Ella through snow; sat down, whipped pink cowboy boots off and crammed feet into slippers. We barely had time to tell her to ‘break a leg’ before she was standing on the yellow line waiting for the teacher to ask her name. I fretted she would run behind my leg and hold on tight like a starfish in a tutu. She was last in line so the young lady leaned down and said “You must be Ella.” She replied “I sure am!” and ran whole heartedly into the studio. Dan and I along with the rest of the 30 something parents stared at the girls biting our lips and hoping our girls would listen well and dance a miracle. Turns out little girls adore ballet teachers and obey every command as if she were the Queen. She coaxed them into first position, charmed them to bend their knees and enticed them to skip and jump. The mamarazzi standing in the hallway went wild with flash-less photos while comparing cameras. Soon the girls were returned to us in the tiny hallway where we returned the pink cowboy boots and pulled a sweatshirt over a smiling face.






















































9 comments:

noncommon said...

lovely, lovely.

Anonymous said...

Those are wonderful pictures! So glad she had a good time!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

She looks so cute!!

Jo said...

I so remember my little girls in ballet. She looks absolutely darling. Getting too old, too quick for my taste though...

Jenny said...

you and me both

Anonymous said...

Aaaah! So cute!!

(see, even the mighty Shoulung is really just a big softy!!)

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are so breathtaking, I would paint them if I had the talent. What a beauty! She's so obviously in her element, too, I bet you guys are going to have loads of fun with this class.

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, that picture of the teacher and the four tiny tutu-clad girls is adorable. I'm glad your Ella had a wonderful time too, but thanks for making me blurt out a heartfelt "Awwww" to end the day with.