Sep 15, 2006

Price Check

I stopped at Penny’s today to buy white socks on my way to derby practice. While I was there I wandered back to house-wares and found a king size comforter on sale for $8.99. I asked the clerk “Is this REALLY $8.99?” She replied “That’s what it says.” I picked out matching pillow cases for $3.99. I drug it up to the register with my $10.00 socks and asked the girl at the register “Is this REALLY $8.99?” she replied “Can’t be, I’d better check”. One price check later I was buying just $10.00 socks and wishing I had kept my mouth shut.

***

The whole town is having a garage sale this weekend, some started today. Hooray!

***

Homecoming was this week, the kids went out and t-peed their friend’s houses. Apparently it’s quite the status symbol to wake up and have toilet paper threaded through all the trees in your yard. I’ve even heard tale of some kids doing their own houses.

***

Ella took a picture of me and Dan today in the back yard at my Mom's house.

5 comments:

Mrs. Ca said...

As far as the comforter, if it's marked that price they have to give it to you for that price usually. I would have probably made a big stink about giving it to me for the price marked, but I'm in a bitchy mood lately and shouldn't be inflicted on other people. :)

Now, for the TPing. When I was a young teenager my mom told me that if I were going to TP people I had to know how to do it right. This was just before Halloween that year, and so she made me practice by TPing our own house. She liked the way it looked as a Halloween decoration, so then we were forced to TP our house every year on Halloween. Talk about embarrassing when people asked if we knew who TPed our house.

BoomBoom said...

I believe I am coming to your town for the above mentioned garage sales with Mrs. Blahzeeblah tomorrow. I LOVE all town garage sales!

Jo said...

Sorry you didn't get the cheap comforter. Ella has a way to go before she has Dan's photo skills, but, she looks like she is well on her way!
And, by the way, every time you say Derby Practice, if I could raise one eyebrow, I would! With some consernation, surprise, and a wow thrown in!

Jenny said...

Mrs. Ca I considered making a stink but then figured I needed all the good karma I could muster for vacation.

Tatertot - goto the one on the corner of 7th and John, there's a TON of boys 3t

Jo - oh yeah Derby Practice! I'm dangerous and tough now.

loelsh said...

Aw, too bad about the comforter! I would have just kept my mouth shut about it and see what it rang up at.

I love the picture from Ella's point of view!