Sep 16, 2006

Moving is a Royal Pain

Guest Post from Shoulung at Hidden Dragon

Good morning all, my wife and I are traveling and moving and seeing friends. She is getting a new job (starts Tuesday), so we moved from Charlotte, NC to Winston Salem, NC on the 13th. We had beautiful weather for two weeks, then on Wednesday it rained. All day. I was drenched from 8am to 8pm, but we got it all done. Except for the things that I couldn't fit in the truck, or didn't want to bring out into the rain. So we have to make a couple more trips back down to Charlotte for the rest. Blegh.

This weekend we have traveled to Rockford, IL, for my father's retirement party. So the house is sitting there, filled with boxes that are not unpacked. We have a library of 1,000 plus books that need to get shelved, and all of the rest of the household goods. We managed to get part of the kitchen unpacked and semi-organized, as well as some of the bedroom stuff and some of the bathroom gear. So I am going to be busy when we get back on Tuesday. My new job doesn't start until ? so I get to do the dirty work.

I do enjoy part of it though, and that is organizing and arranging the furniture according to the feng shui principles. It is visually pleasing and really does create a harmonious atmosphere.

Here are some pics of what it 'can' look like, later I will post some pics of what we have actually done.




We looking forward to staying here for at least two years, so that we can get established and settle in to the community. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man can agree with moving sucks! This is Heather by the way, and I am officially unpacked as I unpacked the last box last week. But there is still a disaster in the garage as that is up to my husband that hasn't touched anything in there since we moved. I am so glad that is over, but will be doing it again and the thought of it makes me cringe.