Mar 17, 2006

RSVP

I volunteered to help the local public library raise some funds by doing my most favorite thing in the world – throwing a giant party. This one’s is kind of fancy, in that there will be wine and hors d'oeuvres and art. I’ve spent the last couple of weeks meeting with caterers and procuring wine and persuading artists and making guest lists and then licking envelopes. In the next week I will help make sure it all comes together into a smooth lovely evening for our community, an evening that encourages people’s wallets to just pop out of their pocket books and scream “Buy some art! It’s for a good cause”.

I am looking forward to next Sat. but I have to say I’m a little stressed this week and yes, my dear bloggies I have neglected you. I’ve been digging up old musings and posting photos and writing such wonderful classics as ‘Yeah for Corn” (sorry about that one). It’s just when you throw on top of the party; one overworked husband, one fussy toddler, one political disagreement, tax season, an association dinner, a parade committee meeting, a dinner in the next town over, a hair cut, and finding a dress - you can just stir it all up and pour it into a giant martini glass because that’s where I’ll be next Sunday.

I am enjoying most of this or I wouldn’t volunteer for it. But it’s hard when everything lands in the same week. So there you go, that’s my excuse for not posting anything earth shattering or pee in your pants funny, please stay tuned to see me blame my bad writing skills on way more mundane distractions, like “sorry I had to get the peanut butter off of the dogs head instead of blogging today”.

7 comments:

BoomBoom said...

Wait just one minute missy...I have to dress up for this thing?

Jenny said...

Just a few sequins and a little lipstick?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun party. I hope you are able to raise lots of cash!

Jenny said...

we've already raised a bunch of money so that's good. But of course I am always sweating the small stuff...

are there going to be enough attendees?
will they bid butt loads of money on the art?
will the press come?
will I have a booger hanging out of my nose all night that no one will tell me about?

BoomBoom said...

Enough attendees?
Probably not. There are never ENOUGH at fund raisers.

Bid butt loads of money?
Don't count on the Tot's for that one - we have three kids, a mortgage and are still down a vehicle. You'll have to be content with my sparkling personality.

Press come?
I hope so.

Booger in nose?
Don't worry, I'll tell you. Look for the secret "you have a booger in your nose" hand signal.

Table4Five said...

Good luck with your party! I could never take on something like that. Hope lots of cash is raised.

And don't worry about the blogging, we'll be here when your life calms down a little. Although if you do get peanut butter on the dog's head, could you at least post a picture of it?!

Jenny said...

I promise should the dog have peanut butter on her head - I will post a picture.