Mar 26, 2006

A Bonus Bag o’ Cheese

The party went wonderfully. It was crowded and every piece of art sold at a price that was way more than I expected. We raised three times the money we were hoping to and we had wine and food left over. Victory for the library! One of the library people said to me “People even lingered afterwards, that never happens!” I told her “That’s because your so charming” and she blushed. The only down side was I lost my voice totally and couldn’t give my speech, and honestly I love public speaking. Dan spoke instead and I wrote a little piece that went – “Jenny lost her voice this morning and she can’t speak above a squeak, so she said to tell you she was going to perform and interpretive dance to welcome you and thank you for coming but I’ve seen her dance and I’ll spare you by just saying on her behalf thank you…” Instead he was very stoic and appropriate and he thanked everybody and talked about how we measure a culture by their art and how that measure correlates directly to how inventive a society is blah blah blah… no funny there, but that’s ok there will be next year. Otherwise, the evening went exactly like I envisioned including the parts where we came home to a sleepy baby in the arms of our new sitter, whom we sent home with a half pound bag of fancy cheese (left over hors d'oeuvres) how’s that for a babysitting bonus!








Well, Tater Tot are you ready to start a Party Planner business with me? We could call it "Those Jennifers"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Sounds like a very successful night. Now you can breathe and relax. :-)

Bridgermama said...

I am glad it went well. Since you enjoy speaking so much, maybe the next time I have to speak in public you can be my stand-in. Hope you got your voice back!

BoomBoom said...

Could I wear my new Avacado Pumps to work if we own the business?

Jenny said...

Every day baby - I'll get a pair of Fuscia pumps and we'll be matchy but not really.

Jenny said...

Bridgermama - I'd happily be your stand in for public speaking but only if it includes getting to hold baby boy. I swear I just want to nibble his cute little face.

Nancy - yes, I'm relaxed now, time to plan the next thing!