Sep 29, 2005

Wed Movie - Lord of War

We went and saw ‘Lord of War’ last night. The story is as wonderfully convoluted as the actual subject matter. It raises questions about good, evil and the ‘grey area’. I was shocked to hear other viewers gasp at parts of the story I found predictable. Don’t get me wrong, I liked the movie; it was only predictable because it’s based on actual events. My husband pointed out a character in the movie named Lieutenant Colonel Southern – hmmm could that be a reference to another Lieutenant Colonel cardinal-direction? In the end it reaffirmed for me that there are no easy answers for the world’s evils. If you liked the movie Blow, you should see this one.

Today's Links
News from Africa
Liberia Timeline
Documentary Liberia - America's Stepchild

No comments: