Sep 16, 2005

Boobies Around the World

Here it is folks – my overt, secret. Ella is still nursing and I don’t mind.

It’s kind of nice to sit down in the big blue chair and relax with her a couple of times a day. Yes, she is sleeping in her own bed, forming sentences, going down the slide by herself, drinking out of a regular cup and occasionally peeing in the potty, she is almost two. However, the World Health Organization says one should nurse their baby at least till the age of two for immunity reasons and it does significantly lower my risks of getting breast cancer.

But the plain truth is that it’s easy. If she ate like crap today I know she’s getting at least some nutrients from me, if she bumps her head it calms her easily, if we lay down it puts her to sleep in about 10 minutes, if I forgot to pack a sippy or the sippy is now empty – I’ve always got me. And now the really selfish reasons even beyond the lazy factor stated above. a) I will not have a 'visit from my aunt Flo' until we stop nursing. b) If Ella gets busy and doesn’t nurse all day I fill up and am really sore and leaky (yuck.) c) CLEAVAGE!

So when asked how long do we plan to do breast feed?

I say “Till we’re done.”















Today's Links:
The Art of Boobies
Boobiess Around the World
Yeah for Boobies

No comments: