Sep 20, 2005

On Parenting

I say – “Ella's cutie patootie pink sparkly princess tent with babies and flowers in it where Ella sits on her pink furry Disney Princess Chair with her giant pink fuzzy-wuzzy dog next to her and her pink tiara on her little curly blond head and maybe her extra special sparkly ballerina tutu on her waist and she reads her Ernie books surrounded in Pink Chiffon.”

Dan says – “Ella’s Fortress of Solitude”


###

Parentalympics / Things I’m pretty sure parents should get gold medals for:

  • Getting out of a sleeping toddler’s bed without making the bed squeak
  • “It’s a small world after all” marathon
  • Handing animal cracker’s into the back seat while driving through rush-hour traffic
  • Grocery bag, baby, stair climb and juggle
  • Super fast sex with no noise
  • Barf catching
  • Rock me to sleep relay
  • The 2 hour knee bounce

    Women’s events
  • Shaving legs while in the bath with a squirmy 20 month old
  • Marathon nursing
  • Circumference of Baby’s head at birth (all participants get a medal)
  • Boob bending – breast feeding a toddler while he/she does somersaults in your lap. Points awarded for boob bend-ability and difficulty of child’s maneuvers.

###

Things I never knew I’d miss: Donuts on Friday, a reason to put mascara on, Happy-wok lunch while quietly doing the crossword and watching the noon news, dirty jokes from the peanut gallery in the warehouse, having a valid reason to be annoyed and or ticked off (somehow being mad over yet another totally predictable toddler mess seems dim-witted.)

No one tells me “Nice job last week on that diaper change!” or “Wow, you really took charge of that giant milk spill in the kitchen, do you think you could give me some pointers next time that happens to me?”

###

Things that all sound like "Bucky" when Ella says them:

  • Monkey
  • Bucket
  • Pocket

###

Today's Links:
Ella is in Love with Jack's Big Music Show
Daddy is in Love with Monster Jam (video clip)
Mommy's in Love with Lovin' Your Momma (video clip)

1 comment:

Lynne@Oberon said...

Hello Jenny .. thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Hurray! It was the first one ... I am such a blogging novice. Do you mind if I put up a link to your blog? It looks wonderful. I love reading about how other parents get through the day - it helps to know everyone is experiencing the same stuff, good and bad.
Let me just add one thing to your parnentlympic list - making up long songs that involve your childs name! My three year old wants me to sing songs about her CONSTANTLY.