Jun 6, 2009

Land vs Sea

I was talking with a friend last night about if my recent situation was a string of bad luck or good luck or what. The catalyst for the move was bad, but the move is good. I'll miss my friends and family but it's not like I'm going to live on the moon, we'll still talk and I'll still see them a few times a year when they come down and I come up. The thing that was the hardest to deal with was the thing I needed to get a handle on the most - the house and all the stuff in it. What was total chaos is now neatly packed into boxes and sorted, ready to go, what was garbage is on its way out of my life and what things I could give to others I did. For years I've talked about wanting to live near the ocean and now I find myself on my way there where wonderful new things await. So really, I don't think it's any kind of fortune, either way. It's like trying to decide if ostriches are good or bad in comparison to fractions; the only real conclusion I'm comfortable making is it's just different.

1 comment:

Mike Lyons said...

Ha! That thing about the ostriches is awesome; totally quoting it.