Jun 11, 2007

FIGHT! FIGHT!

Saturday night I almost got in a fight. No, it wasn’t when I saw derby girls from the old league and no, it wasn’t while I was hanging out at the biker party passing out flyers and promoting the new league and it wasn’t at the rock concert or even in the 45 minute long line for beer. It was at the hick bar we stopped at on the way home.

Sandy and I stopped in on the way home to have a little pizza and hear the band. I was drinking cokes (I was driving) and we were talking to a couple of guys Annsanity works with (Brad and Ty, I think.) when this chick starts yelling in a way that spittle is flying from her mouth and her head is swinging from one side to the other. I was a little worried she might have an aneurism of some kind so I tuned my ears towards her to hear her telling Brad “She better stop eyein’ me! I’ll show her a beat down! Who does she think she is?!” I chuckled to myself and shook my head. Stood up and walked over to the pizza and procured a slice of its greasy goodness. The woman yelled louder and started flapping her arms. She almost fell over she was so drunk and worked up. I munched my pizza and waited for more sparks to fly. Brad was getting the brunt of the drunken rant, I felt bad for him. He looked amused and kept shaking his head. Finally she sputtered out of words. Nothing happened and so she stumbled out. Brad came over and apologized to me. I said “for what?” and that was when he informed me his friend was talking about me. Apparently in the 20 minutes Sandy and I spent at this fine country establishment I had been sleeping with Brad. I almost fell off my chair. When we finished our pizza Sandy and I went out to the van, I was looking for my butt whoopin’ but I think my whoopin’ passed out in someone’s front yard while trying to stagger home.

Oh the horrors of a woman going out without her husband. That’ll learn me!

PS Who picks a fight with a roller girl while her team is with her?!

6 comments:

BoomBoom said...

You could have taken her.

Jenny said...

Actually, I bet you my lawyer could've taken her lawyer!

I don't participate in fights that don't involve a gun or knife and fighting for your life. LOL!

Jenny said...

For anyone wondering about that last comment - go read http://bombadee.blogspot.com/2007/05/robbery.html

Paula said...

Jenny,
I give you credit, 20 minutes to sleep with another womans husband it must be a record.

PS. I bet you could of taken her.

Jo said...

Um... someone drunk and stupid? She didn't know who she was messing with, otherwise she would have run the other way. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha....how funny! Too bad, we JUST left....this would have been amusing to watch ;-)

Annsanity