Jun 22, 2007

Demand More!

We went to the water park today with some friends and had a blast. Ella is napping hard right now and later she’ll be playing with her best buddy while Dan plays poker and I roller skate, so I guess you could say that’s a pretty good Friday night for everyone at the Bombadee household.

I was looking for something scandalous to blog about today, something I could give a good rant to and so I perused the front page of my e-mail browser Yahoo/Verizon to find stories about dieting, firefighters, the space shuttle and the oh-so important "5 mistakes people make while taking pictures", and of course "Hollywood declares the best picture ever", and how could I ever live without knowing "Prince William turns 25 and inherits more money today". So I switched over to BBC and clicked on the US part of the map and found a better story in what our media is NOT reporting today. Today’s BBC top story about America is this:


"CIA to reveal decades of misdeeds The US Central Intelligence Agency is to declassify hundreds of documents detailing some of the agency's worst illegal abuses from the 1950s to 1970s."

Now, I am too disappointed in my fellow Americans to rant I just feel deflated. Why don’t I blame the press? They report what we ask for.

No comments: