Mar 14, 2007

Get Well Violet

Violet Storm skates for the Screw City Slammers, she's their Co-Captain and she’s tough. If you were at the last bout and you saw me get sent into the crowd on my butt then there’s a good chance you saw what Violet can do. Her kid and my kid play together sometimes during practices, they’re very cute together huddled together behind the skate bags playing trains and dollies on the floor. I like Violet, she volunteers for fund raisers, she skates hard, she follows the rules and she's got heart. She's one of those people you wish you had five more of.

Last night at practice Violet was doing something called a suicide stop. It sounds dangerous and I guess I never imagined it actually was, because it's kind of tricky to do but also kind of easy once you get the hang of it. It’s when you are going real fast and then jump and turn around backwards and land on your stoppers bringing you from 20mph to 0 almost immediately. Well, Violet was doing a suicide stop and apparently nobody told her knee that she was stopping and it kept going and spun right around to the back of her leg.


I didn’t go to practice last night; I just heard the account and am sorta glad I wasn't there and at the same time sorta sad I wasn't. Shelby Toast said “She screamed like she was having a baby until the ambulance came.” There were five new girls present for their first practice and should they return after last night’s calamity, I will be impressed. I talked to Violet this morning she said the morphine they gave her last night in the ER was “like water” so she decided to scream until the Doctor came running and popped her knee back into place. That’s what I call being proactive! She’s wearing an immobilizer from hip to ankle until further notice and has appointments with an orthopedic surgeon. Knowing Violet she’ll still be at practices even though she won’t be able to skate. Get well woman or who will send my ass into the crowd?!




















Breetlejuice, Violet Storm & Sawyer Payne Feb. 2007 - pic by Lolly Gag
You can send Violet a note on her Myspace page here

2 comments:

noncommon said...

ouch! you be careful now, ya here?

Jenny said...

I think everyone's a little rattled after that.