Mar 23, 2007

Her Cursive will Suffer

Ella’s found something she loves almost as much as princesses - video games. She spends every evening after dinner playing Dora’s Puppy Adventure. It reminds me of the old Super Mario Brothers. Once in a while she gets stuck and yells “Moooooooommmmm! I need help please!” and I come help her get past the thing she’s trying to jump over. Video games at age 3... Is this good? She wakes up in the morning and says “I want to play Nick Jr.” Hand eye coordination is a good thing to learn and she can turn her computer on and off and click reload, restart and her desktop icons. She can load a game and can type her name and Dora taught her to count in Spanish. She even has some rudimentary reading skills happening, like she knows “P” is for “PLAY” but I think her handwriting is going to suffer. I suppose I need to get a crayon into her fingers more often than a mouse and that probably goes for me as well. Will this be my generations “Don’t sit too close, it’ll rot your brain” instead I’ll say “All that clicking and typing your handwriting is atrocious”?

No comments: