Mar 1, 2007

Slurping was Easy

Blurb supports the new blogger. This means I have written a book and it’s a very large one called Bombadee's Garden. I am in the process of editing right now and hope to get it under 440 pages. Right now I’m over 600 and am combining multiple blog entries into the same page. Booksmart (the Blurb software) is really easy to downoad and use but it starts a new page with each blog entry when you “Slurp” it off the net. So really my editing isn’t cutting anything out its just compressing it. But I am excited; I have a fear of loosing Ella’s whole baby-book into the ether. I started a traditional one but couldn’t put links and movies into it and so the blog flourished instead and the little scrabbook I started languishes in my nightstand. Today I can exhale knowing the blog is safe and about to be published and when I receive the book it can go in the same spot as the Grandma’s Cookbook and the family photo albums. The proverbial pile we grab if the house burns down, right after saving the dog and right before the jewelry.

No comments: