Aug 25, 2008

Here's What I'm Gonna Do

Something about the weather has put us all in the mood to turn our house on end. Ella said to Dan "I like when we move the furniture and the house feels fresh." Dan agreed that he'd been thinking of doing some rearranging, he wants to shift the living room area towards my computer. I'd been thinking of it too mostly because I want to be able to watch TV (Project Runway) and chat bout it at the same time. However, the big project will be finally bringing the library up from the basement. We have 5 of 17 book shelves installed in the upstairs library and have been telling ourselves we'd buy new shelves before moving the rest of the books upstairs. (Yes, we eat books around here.)

I say enough is enough the cases won't ever all match and we aren't buying new ones, I can think of 30 things we need to spend money on more, like heat and groceries, and nobody ever notices the shelves once the magnificence of all the books are back in them and let's just move the books already before they rot in the basement. So I will commence to taking things off the shelves and dusting them off and then dragging the shelves up the stairs and screwing them to the floor and wall and then carrying the books back up and re-shelving them (in no particular order) for the next week. There, now I've said it and I've blogged it and I'm committed to doing it and if anyone wants to help, just swing on by this week and I'll put you to work.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the warning so that I don't accidentally drop by this week!

Anonymous said...

oh, i'll come by and help you!
i love doing stuff like that.
and i know what you mean about the book thing. we have put ourselves on a book ban because of the amount we have.
chris reads them - i look at the pictures.

DD Hunter said...

let me know if you want help with this tomorrow (Tuesday) and I can stop by after work.

Jenny said...

Get yer butt over here and I'll even feed you dinner! :)

Debbie said...

To hold you even more accountable, how about posting some pictures?