Aug 2, 2008

Trying to Keep a Straight Face

After much quarreling Dan sent Ella downstairs. She wouldn't say she was sorry and he banished her from watching TV in the big bed. I hugged her up into my lap and asked her what she did. She muttered through hurt feelings, "I just wanted to mumble mumble mumble..." I insisted she make amends immediately and I would go with her for moral support. I carried her up the stairs and sat down on the bed next to Dan who was relaxing in his Bermuda shorts with three pillows and his bent arm under his head, his warm reading light turned towards a sci-fi paper back on his chest. Ella shuffled over and said "I'm sorry for hitting you... and trying to poke my finger into your belly button."

1 comment:

Jo said...

Good thing I don't have to keep a straight face, cause I was laughing out loud!