May 12, 2008

Old Jokes

Ella is fond of taking her jacket and putting the back of it on the top of her head and walking around like a tiny Humpback of Notre Dame. This cracks me up and I tell her so and then she gets even sillier which consists of sticking her tongue out, flinging her arms in every direction and doing a the Stooge style running in place and I laugh even harder. Later while she's in the tub we get into an insult war and she calls me "Butty McButterson" and I tell her that can't possibly be my name because I'm "Star McButterfly Rainbowlady" and her name is "Stinky Head" and she should wash her hair and she insists her name is just Ella but mine is still "Butty McButterson" and then she totally splashes me. This weekend I asked her what was on her shirt and when she looked down I fliped my finger up to her nose and said "snert!" she exploded with laughter and then immediatly asked me "what's on YOUR shirt?" and giggled like crazy. These are the sorts of things that crack me up big time when my kid does it and make me roll my eyes when someone elses kid does it. I suppose it's because I get to imagine my husband as a little kid hurling silly insults or doing the stooge dance and he's so much the straight man in our world. Or maybe I see how funny she wants these things to be and and that makes it soo much more rich, maybe I'm hard wired to find these things hilarious so that she will develop a healthy sense of humor, or maybe she's got good delivery...

No comments: