May 16, 2008

Letting Go

I'm going through 4 years of baby clothes, trying to figure out what I love so much I have to keep... This is really hard. It's nine giant tubs of memories, Christmas outfits and birthday dresses, tiny shoes and sun hats and when I open each tub it smells like baby Ella.

Yeah, I'm gonna sell them to fund our vacation. I'm gonna sell them because other mommies need baby clothes. I'm gonna sell them because elastic rots over time. I'm going to sell them while they're still in style. I'm going to sell them because Mom assured me the next baby won't go naked. I'm going to sell them because they take up too much space. I'm going to sell them tomorrow during the tiny town-wide garage sale because it's the smart thing to do. I'm going to sell them because I said I would. I'm going to sell them because when I look at this picture I don't notice the dress.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

go strong mama!

Jo said...

How did the sale go???

Jenny said...

Not too bad. I stil have two tubs of clothes and $200.00 to put in the vacation fund.

Jenny said...

PS the dress in the picture is still in my possession. LOL!