May 23, 2008

My Last Day Off This Week

Cripes it's going to be busy weekend. Today is my last day to loaf around in my jammies while sipping instant coffee and scratching my butt. Tomorrow Dan agreed to be in a dunk tank for the Make a Wish Foundation and so I need to clean house like crazy in hopes of gathering up enough couch change to dunk my husband 7 or 8 times - oh, and also because there are people coming over to the house and I feel obligated to at least pick up the dirty socks and put out the clean hand towels before they get here. Tomorrow night is roller derby and the party afterwards and so that'll be a hoot and then on Sunday I will drag my sore and hung over self to Ella's end of the year school program where I will watch 20 or 30 parents and grandparents jockey for position with their cameras while the kids fidget and poke each other in the ribs while singing. On Monday is the big parade, it'll go right in front of the house and the kids will get sugared up to high heaven and then we'll run them like dogs in the back yard while we grill and drink margaritas until we all collapse sun burnt and covered in dirt... ah summer time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

again, your life rocks!
have a great weekend.
sounds like a blast.

Jo said...

Are you dead yet?