May 30, 2008

Dirtbags

Grandma sent us a pack of sunflower seeds and we planted them all over the place including some old yogurt containers that are now sitting in the window sill. The plants are at least eight inches tall and I'm sure their little roots are feeling too scrunched to grow anymore and so I have two bigger pots to put them in and no dirt. It seems a little silly to go buy some as dirt is free and abundant in my back yard but it also doesn't seem appropriate to dig a couple of holes out back either. Maybe while I'm up at the hardware store buying dirt I'll get some bottled water for these sunflowers too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and some shades while you're at it!

DD Hunter said...

No, not just bottled water....vitamin water so they can grow big and strong. lol

Jenny said...

They survived the transplant and 40 pounds of dirt only cost me $3.00 I opted for the free water though. ;)