Nov 23, 2006

Surreal Morning

When you step outside on the porch the neighborhood smells like turkey already. Country folk out here have Thanksgiving at like noon. Dan parents always served later because we could never get there on time they'd have dinner at 1:00 - gasp. We’d be finished washing up the dishes and home with leftovers by 4:00. Not this year, my Dad is doing Thanksgiving this year for us, my brothers, my grandparents, all my cousins and uncles we'll eat about 6:00 or so and follow dinner with port wine and hot chocolates late into the evening over cards and maybe even a chess board. This is the better arrangement to me; it gives us time to watch The Knights Who Say ‘Ni’ sing “Always Look on the Bright Side of Life” during the Macy’s parade before we even get a shower. Ella is enthralled by the knight’s tap dancing and is attempting it in her feety jammies and that’s top entertainment right there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you - we had dinner at 6:30 - so much more civilized. Alas, though, I missed most of the parade because I had to go get my mother.

Jo said...

It's just a flesh wound! The more I know aboutcha, the more I loveya!

Jenny said...

But your arm is off!