Nov 9, 2006

Maybe We Should've Named Her Smart Alec

Conversation at the ice cream station yesterday

Codger: Is your name Billy? Hi Billy.

Ella: No my name is Ella!

Codger: Oh! I thought you were Billy.

Ella: No I’m just Ella…. Mom?

Me: You can tell him to stop teasing you.

Ella: Stop teasing me.

Duffer: Well, I thought you were Billy too; you say it’s Ella huh?

Ella: YES! I’m a little girl of Ella and my names is Ella.

Duffer: Well, how is that spelled, maybe if you spell it for me I could remember it

Codger: Yeah, how DO you spell “Ella”?

Ella: With letters!

7 comments:

Jo said...

Geez and I wonder who she got that smart alec mouth from?? Hmmm???

Jenny said...

I do have to say I was pretty proud of her.

Mrs. Ca said...

That's pretty cute. Seems like she's not one to stand for being picked on - good for her. :)

Jenny said...

Yeah, she and her Grandma M. as well as her Grandpa D. get into it fairly often and I've taught her to say "Don't tease me." as most times it's more effective comming from her.

Jo said...

I think teaching your girl boundries is one of the most important lessons you will ever teach her. Good on ya!
I tried really hard to teach my kids to say no, particularly about physical teasing and mean it.

BoomBoom said...

A girl after my own heart.

Sarcasm is a gift.

loelsh said...

That is funny! Go Ella!