Jul 18, 2006

Thee Dress

It was sweltering in Northern Illinois yesterday. I put the dog in the basement with food and water and took the child to the water park all day. Upon arriving home, we installed the window air conditioner in the spare bedroom and left for dinner at a very air conditioned establishment while it cooled down enough to sleep at home. It’s just a futon, but it’ll be the best sleep I’ve had in two nights.

Exciting news, I bought this dress on e-bay for 15.00 + 3.50 shipping. I think I’ll be wearing it to my wedding in September. Yes, you are looking at my 18.50 wedding dress. There you have it; I’m wearing gold and nude. Now I just need to find the perfect strappy sandals or maybe some little Cinderella like glass slipper sparkly things… shoe shopping for the next two months will be fun!






























From description:
"Two peice NWT (new with tags).
Neiman Marcus $112.00 Retail.
There is a mark on the hang tag.
This is in PRISTINE condition.
Designer: LONDON TIMES

Details:
-Three layers. Top layer is metallic gold lace, skirt has white netting petticoat, gold satin lining, butter soft, lightweight
-Attached gold satin ribbon around neck and at waist, spaghetti straps, zips in back
-Fitted in bodice and waist, full gathered skirt, knee length"

10 comments:

Mrs. Ca said...

Glad you were able to stay cool! It was really freaking hot here yesterday, too.

That dress is beautiful, and such a great deal! I am horrible at working with e-bay and have never won a single auction.

BoomBoom said...

LOVE IT! Very "Jenny", if that makes any sense.

I've been watching EBay from the parental units house and it turns out (so far) that a $12.50 cocktail dress in a size 18 may be a myth.

Jenny said...

You just have to clap your hands and say "I do believe in $12.50 cocktail dress in a size 18, I do believe in $12.50 cocktail dress in a size 18" ;)

Michelle said...

I LOVE your dress it is gorgeous and what a fabulous price!!!

Am here via surfingfree.

Jenny said...

welcome welcome, glad to have you

Lynne@Oberon said...

Oh, wow! Look at me I have referred someone to you :) What's it worth ?? ;)

Your dress looks beautiful. I once won a black cardigan on ebay and its lovely but it always smells like someone else's cardy. I have handwashed it but it still smells like another woman has just been wearing it. It's not a big deal, but I always notice it.

But yours hasn't been worn so no funny smells there!

Anonymous said...

Sounds lovely. I can't see the picture for some reason though...

Jenny said...

Not sure why the pic isn't loading up for you.

loelsh said...

I love it! You should model it for us so we can see how it looks on you.

Anonymous said...

it's ADORABLE!