Jul 1, 2006

Firecracker Firecracker Boom Boom Boom

Good morning folks! Hope your Fourth of July weekend is off to a wonderful start. Ours started yesterday when we picked up Dan early from work and went to Madison WI with some friends. We had a blast, but I want to tell you about the most unique part of my day doing something I hadn't done in twenty-five years. I got to sit in the back seat with the cool girls. MiMi, Abby-girl and I sat back there singing:

Miss Suzy had a baby
She named him tiny Tim
She put him in the bathtub
To see if he could swim
He drank up all the water
Ate up all the soap
He tried to eat the bathtub
But it wouldn’t go down his throat
Miss Suzie called the doctor
The doctor called the nurse
The Nurse called the Lady
With the alligator purse
‘Mumps!’ said the doctor
‘Mumps!’ said the nurse
‘Mumps!’ said the lady
With the alligator purse

We told stories that started with "This one time..." and ended with "I swear to God!". I showed them how to crack an egg on someone’s head (not a real egg, just with your fingers) they showed me how to make it feel like you are pulling a string through the middle of your hand, we tried to read each others minds by looking deeply into the palms of our hands, we traded more silly songs and showed off all the weird ways we could bend our fingers. I will probably spend a good portion of today looking up the lyrics to the rest of the Miss Suzie songs and trying to find the words to “
Eggalina Magdalina, Oopa, Sonna, Donna, Wonna, Oka, Poka, Noka was her name” Thank you MiMi and Abby-girl for reminding me.

6 comments:

BoomBoom said...

As Dan and I sat up front discussing our favorite genre of novels, explanations of frog giggin' and stipe hunting while adding a few favorite childhood songs/memories of our own.

It was a great day!

BoomBoom said...

We've been 4-wheelin' all morning, are hopping in the pool for a quick dip right now and plan on heading back to Camp Peckerwood for a cookout, bonfire and wild rasberry picking this evening.

Yet another great day!

Jenny said...

Dan says to tell you it's sNipe hunting.

We went to Baskin Robbins and then to see "Over the Hedge" today because it was way to hot to do anyting else. Ella said she "LoooooOOOoOOoOoOOOOoooved it!" pretty good day here too.

Anonymous said...

I have a book with the Catalina Magdelena song! It even has wiggly eyes on the front. Come and check it out sometime:) We were working on some painting here! I think you had way more fun with those lovely young ladies!

Cazuela

Jenny said...

I think I'm going to do some painting today. Oil painting that is - I may even venture out the finger paints for shorty today.

Mrs. Ca said...

Sounds like a fun car ride. I had forgotten about that last song, although I think we had somewhat different name, but we did sing it constantly.