Jul 6, 2006

Happy Dance

I finally took the time to upload pics from the weekend (Blogger isn't cooperating). Sometimes I get overwhelmed with all the stuff I want to blog about and end up saying simply "It was fun" and then I write about sculptors and politicians and you are left probably wondering "what the...?"


















How about this - Last weekend there were friends, family, cookouts, swimming, giraffes, sea shells, pancakes, candy, motorcycles, parades, babies, fireworks, pizza, music, carousel rides, finger paints, bubble baths, glow sticks, horses, tractors, pickles, fireflies, beetles, flowers, sunscreen, seals, maracas, guitars, thirty-one flavors of ice cream, bubbles, deer, a coyote, joy, love, laughter, coffee, crosswords, movies, popcorn, swings, slides, quiet, loud, sangria, chocolate milk, fireworks, tutus, finger paints and more fireworks. Each deserves an ode to it's own beauty and how we loved it and yet I am still overwhelmed and exhausted.

The sheer joy of it all was best expressed during the wait for Tues night fireworks, by Ella's interpretive dance.



































































4 comments:

BoomBoom said...

I haven't gotten the pics off my camera yet. To be honest, I'm a bit afraid to...I took a gazillion pictures over the weekend.

All I can think of when I see the one of the kids at the zoo you posted is "Damn, my girls have big feet!"

It was a fantastic weekend.

Jenny said...

I didn't even notice their feet.

cara said...

Getting in to this blogging thing. What fun. What I like about your blogs is that they are generally very positive. Which is uplifting. Looked like Ella had a great day out!

We brought Alex to my sister's in Waterford for two days during the week and he was so thrilled. Young children really enjoy life. We have a lot to learn from them. Take care, Olivia

Anonymous said...

Aww, I love the interpretive dance!