Jul 24, 2006

Sunday Hats

The weather was a beautiful dry mid eighties and we had no plans for a change. I set aside this weekend for us to hang around together as a family with no appointments or promises, no expectations, no schedule. I’ll spare you the exquisite details except this - on Sunday Dan and Ella got up without me and made coffee, bacon, eggs and toast while I slept in ‘till 10:00am. At 10:05 I came downstairs to a super yummy breakfast. Dan did dishes while Ella and I hoped in the tub and then we went out for lunch, took Ella to the park, Dan to the computer store and me to the art supply house before we came home to grill out with the neighbors. After dinner and playing in the backyard the girls made these lovely hats with foamy stickers while we grown folk sipped brandy and cranberry juice on the rocks. That is the type of Sunday that can reaffirm one’s faith.

8 comments:

cara said...

It is amazing when you become a parent how life changes. How much you appreciate that extra hour in bed...the breakfast etc.

I am working today and Chris just brought coffee and pancakes up to my little den. I could have kissed him. Better than a trip to Paris.

I think one of the positive aspects of becoming a parent is that sense of cherishing what others might consider ordinary things. Heaven is now a trip to the hairdressers, a nice warm bath or an hour with a book. Who needs vacations, nightclubs or clothes shopping??!!! Take care and enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Takes for the fun times! The hat ended up on dad during the LONG walk home :)
Cazuela

BoomBoom said...

I need hairdressers, a nice shower and an hour with a book and...vacations, nighclubs and clothes shopping

I need it all.

We had a nice evening last night too. Small Smug Town Park Walking Tour with two girls on scooters, Mom & Dad on foot and Sugar in the wagon. We managed to hit four parks in two hours.

BoomBoom said...

OK - I don't need it all...I want it all.

loelsh said...

Sounds like a fun and relaxing day!

Love the crowns, by the way!

Lynne@Oberon said...

Those crowns are very regal ;)
The best days can be the ones we don't plan for ... having kids has made me relax on the schedule-making a bit and we are better for it.
You slept in until 10am!!!?? Outrageous!

noncommon said...

lovely, lovely hats!

Mrs. Ca said...

That is one of the cutest pictures ever. I can't wait to do fun things like that with kids of my own, or even neices and nephews.