Aug 31, 2005

Thank God My Mother Was a Tyrant

When I first heard this song I thought this song was about a girlfriend. When I least heard it (this morning on the oldies station) I realized it’s about a daughter. Sometimes clouds just look like clouds.




















She's got a smile that it seems to me
Reminds me of childhood memories
Where everything
Was as fresh as the bright blue sky
Now and then when I see her face
She takes me away to that special place
And if I stared too long
I'd probably break down and cry
Sweet child o' mine
Sweet love of mine -Guns & Roses



I realize this publishing this post totally proves how painfully cool (not!) I was when I was a teenager with my big hair and fringy leather white boots and matching jacket. In 9th grade a girl at my school got a G&R tattoo, I wanted one so bad. Thank God my mother was a tyrant.

No comments: