Sep 2, 2008

America First, then Alaska?

I've been barely able to step away from CNN for a week now. With all the getting to know Palin and the hurricane right on the tails of the DNC, I'm going to overdose on Anderson Cooper (what a way to go!) Despite my recent joking and video shenanigans I agree that some things are left untalked about and actually I wish the press would move on and pick up this story about Palin belonging to and promoting the Alaskan Independence Party. I think this little group goes beyond a neat little bunch of mavericks that love and promote the state of Alaska and moves more into that weird gun toting crazy militia territory. Ok yes, I am questioning the patriotism of the VP Candidate and I really wanted to move past that rudimentary portion of the debate but dangit if there isn't reason to ask for a response. If Obama has to confirm that he loves his country because he doesn't wear a lapel pin I think the GOP should have to answer to this!

Also: I heard this bit yesterday on CNN radio where Cambell Brown drills Tucker Bounds from the McCain campaign and wish I could've seen it live and today there is video!





BitchPHD posted today a link to a girl protesting at the RNC trying to give a cop a flower getting pepper sprayed. WTF?

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

I think I've watched more news in the last two weeks than I have in the last four years. I just heard about the Alaska Independence Party, and I can't help but notice that Palin seems to be less a "maverick" choice, and more a plain stupid choice. Somehow, I'm not surprised!

Anonymous said...

Wow.

He was doing everything (other than throwing down a ninja smoke-bomb) to avoid answering the question at hand.

Jenny said...

I know, and I'm really tired of people comparing her to Hillary Clinton. There is no comparison beyond gender.

It's silly to like someone just because of their gender as silly as it is to dislike someone for the same reason.

So I really was trying to judge based on issues and ideas and she is far too far right for me.

Jenny said...

Sorry Mike, I wanted to like her and the more I read, the more I couldn't.

Anonymous said...

i saw this interview live. and campbell was literally laughing at the end.
it was disheartening.
if this had been the dems 4 years ago, their heads would have been on a platter.
i'm waiting for the democrats to start playing hardball. but i think they're sitting back to see if this ship sinks itself.
i want to know why more isn't being said about the independence party. but from what i hear, it was her husband who was the registered member - not her.
regardless, she seems to have the same great judgment capabilities as mccain - and those who would vote for them.