Feb 2, 2007

Extra Extra

Good morning my dearest bloggies. Today is a good day. Dan is coming home from a four day business trip to Indianapolis and we have nothing on the agenda today except grocery shopping. I've had an insane busy week. The next roller derby bout is Saturday Feb 10th and I've been helping with the ads and we are also running a contest via the website. We are recruiting for our fourth team and asked the public to help us name it. We've past the point of submissions and are on to voting. So dear bloggies go to www.rockfordrage.com and click on the “Name those Dames” button and vote for your favorite. I personally like the Monkey Wenches being that Rockford is the home of the sock monkey, but I voted for the Sinnissippi Sin-dicate because the theme seemed easier to adhere to than monkeys.

In other derby news the first bout has changed. It was the Screw City Slammers vs. the Midwest Maulers and my team the Demolition Dolls, were to volunteer as support staff. I was learning to ref but the Maulers suffered an inordinate amount of injuries and were forced to forfeit. The Slammers take the win but we can’t just cancel the bout so the Dolls are going to skate against the Slammers in an exhibition bout on the 10th. We’ve spent the last week re-working print materials and running drills. I’ve lived ate and breathed roller derby for about two weeks now. The good news is a
HCTM message therapy school has decided to sponsor us and give the girls messages before the bout and they will be on hand during and after the bout in case of injury. Next week I am scheduled for ½ an hour – I already love these people.


No comments: