Feb 15, 2007

Books

Last night we ended up wandering around the book store in a stupor looking for a children’s book that was under $7.00 and didn’t involve princesses or getting married or animals – good luck on that one ehe? Why can’t I ever find “A Sock is a Pocket for Your Toes” or “The Seven Silly Eaters”. I just see row after row of Olivia and Barbie Fairytopia and Cluck Cluck Moo Oink and those books are just fine, we own some of them and read them but now what’s left to find on the shelf to buy? Come on book store – have a little creativity!

I did buy “
Roller Girl Totally True Tales from the Track” by Melissa Joulwan aka “Melicious” of the Texas Rollergirls. So far I like it – one problem though I read it right before bed and then I was too excited to sleep. Her description of being on the track is so right on that it makes me want to skate in the worst way. No more “Rollergirl” before bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I managed to find one copy of Rollergirls tucked in between piles of golf and mountain climbing books at Barnes & Noble. I took it, found one of those comfy armchairs and read the entire thing in a couple of hours. Funny how all the aspects of derby -- the good and the bad -- are pretty universal. And yeah, I was itching to strap on my skates afterwards. All the coffee I drank probably had something to do with that, too.

Felon

Anonymous said...

Damn you, Felon, that was supposed to be MY COPY! *cries hysterically*
By the way, Bombadee, I linked to your blog from Melissa's profile page on Amazon!

Sir Seanface said...

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Google it.