Dec 3, 2008

Larry vs the Snow Bunny

More snow today and I dug my long johns out. I am wearing the warmest pair today because walking the kids while it's snowing is extra slow just as predicted. They spend a good extra 10 minutes making snow angels and or catching snow flakes on their tongues and how can you really not find that so cute you let them frolic, plus their little legs are short and we've just increased the width of them by at least 50% by making their wear snow pants and boots and they really do end up walking like little penguins, so I cope by dressing warm and imagining how fast I can walk home by myself.

But anyway my warmest pair of long johns are these whole body suited red ones, the kind w
ith the buttons on the butt so you can use the facilities throughout the day without stripping down, but those little buttons aren't so little and when wearing jeans over them you can see the little lumps through the jeans and it's just weird looking. On top of that I've confiscated one of Dan's flannels because men's clothes are always warmer and then I'm wearing a snow cap in the house. Honestly I just didn't have to ooomph to take it off after getting all the other snow gear off and all that walking home so fast, plus it's holding all my body heat in. Then, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and decided me and my brother Darryl and my other brother Darryl ought to get some nicer looking cold weather gear out (YIKES!). I'm off to dig through the tubs of stuff I put up last season and find a hat that doesn't involve fur ear flaps and or a brand of beer and a sweater that doesn't hang down to my mid-thigh. On the other hand I'm hoping I owned some things that will actually cover anything that could be frost bitten, and perhaps I'll even find something made of fleece that compliments my eyes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH. MY. GAWD!
i have spent the entire morning sewing, and what has been running through my head over and over and over again while i sew?
"hi, i'm larry. and this is my brother daryl and my other brother daryl."
I S**T YOU NOT!
i swear i need to buy a lottery ticket.
you do too, obviously!
it is wednesday!!

Jenny said...

That is really weird. If ever find anything I don't feel too silly wearing out in public I may go buy a ticket today.