May 9, 2007

SMALL AND LOUD AND BRAVE

10:00 am update. She’s demanding watermelon and dressed as Ariel. I think whatever it was has run its course. Sigh. It’s a beautiful day and it’ll be nice and warm. Lots to look forward to today, we’re gonna buy a Barbie and see Grandma and play outside and not worry about dehydration or the phone ringing anymore. I have the funniest video of her reading Go Dog Go I must upload and share, but that takes time in front of the computer which I am not giving today. so instead I give you a short conversation had in line at the grocery:

M: Are you pretty?

E: No, I don’t even have a long dress on.

M: Are you smart?

E: Nope, but when I’m a bigger girl I’ll be smart.

M: Oh, are you just small right now?

E: Yes, I am small

M: But are you brave?

E: Yes! I’m really brave

M: Brave is good. Are you loud?

E (Shouting now): YES! I’M SMALL AND LOUD AND BRAVE RIGHT NOW!

M: Well, those are pretty good things to be darling.

E: I told you I’m not pretty today, I’m small and loud and brave.

.
.

4 comments:

noncommon said...

she's a quick one.
me thinks she'll be giving you a run for your money one day.

Anonymous said...

Ella makes me realize how much I miss my grandkids back in Rockford. I will get to see them when I go back for my son's wedding in June though, and I can't wait. Thank you for sharing Ella's exploits with those of us who do not have the good fortune of being close to our loved ones every day. Reading about Ella always brings a smile to my face!

Jo said...

And smart and beautiful and she has the best mom ever. God bless her darling little heart.

Jenny said...

These are the posts that keep me from chucking the whole Garden some days. It's her baby book right here online.

and thanks Jo.