Apr 29, 2007

SOLD!

Last night was the Art Gala for the library and today I can finally exhale. This last week was spent on the phone with the caterer and gathering art, getting things matted and worrying about a bazillion details, and even finishing the piece I donated. It was all worth it; last night’s party was wonderful. Everything fell into place and even the cellist had a nice time. I donated an acrylic painting of down town called “Our Town” and then made my mom promise to bid on it, but I didn’t have anything to worry about it actually went for quite a bit. Shortly after the bidding was over I received two commissions for various parts of town. Dan also bought me a beautiful handmade sterling silver and onyx necklace and matching earrings. While I was pretending to be Vanna White parading around with the item in hand through the crowd and amongst the tables I couldn’t see who was bidding, when they said “sold to Dan” I was delighted and surprised. Thank you sweetie.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Congrats on the sale, the commissions, and the jewelry! Unfortunately I wasn't able to bid on anything at the auction I went to. However, as a future librarian, I much admire your cause!