Apr 14, 2007

One Two Three Four

I took Ella to see Happy Feet at the dollar theatre tonight. I challenge you all to take a three year old who loves to dance to this movie, feed her Raisinettes and then keep her in her seat. At one point the little penguin is doing this fantastic shuffle tap and yelling at all the others to join in, this fabulous samba drum music is playing and Ella is dancing in the aisle. As I lean over and plead with Ella to get back into her seat, the curmudgeony old coot of a penguin on screen denounces Mr. Happy Feet and pleads with him to stop this dancing nonsense. What did I do? I let Ella dance, tap and hop in the aisle as long as she wanted. I give the movie four tap shuffles – go rent it.

11 comments:

Jamie said...

What a wonderful post, I am a new reader, and i have fallen in love with Ella. Thank you for sharing---and BOTH of you keep dancing! Jamie

BoomBoom said...

Isaac loves this movie too, a recent gift from PaPa.

This post cracks me up a bit actually...if a kid was dancing, tapping and hopping in the aisle during a movie I paid to see I would have complained. :)

Jo said...

You are such a good mama! Let the happy feet dance. Nice thing about the dollar show, I feel like if my kid is noisy, or we want to sing along, it is more okay than a regular show.

Jenny said...

The funny part WAS the movie dared anyone to complain and immediately look like the old crownie old bird.

BoomBoom said...

I don't think it's a big surprise that I'm the "old crownie old bird" in this situation.

Jenny said...

hey, Dan and I are going to the afterbout party tonight at Sports Page.

Jenny said...

We have a sitter

Jenny said...

The point of that was to actually say - you should stop up after work

Jenny said...

Oh wait are you out of town?

BoomBoom said...

Jen...email me...that way I don't have to keep checking your blog :)

I'm at work today.

BoomBoom said...

But just so you know, I do keep checking your blog...it's my OCD. As I check it I've been tearing pieces of paper into tiny little pieces as well.