Apr 4, 2007

Modern Country?

I’ve secured 12 artists for the Art Gala at the end of this month including myself. I’m a little nervous about that. I haven’t put a piece in a show or up for public sale in about eight years. I’m not even sure what I want to do yet. Originally I thought a few little watercolor wildflowers would be nice, but I really want to do a large impressive oil painting. Of course oil paint doesn’t dry right away and that’s not always the best mix with a three year old in the house, which naturally brings me around to acrylics. Then there’s the whole subject and style conundrum. I think my safest bet would be a painting of downtown tinytown and at the least my husband will buy it for his own office. But I’ve spent the last year taking photos of Illinois farm landscapes. To others they may seem boring but to me it’s minimalism at its finest. Flat horizon line two or three colors graduated into each other, an occasional barn or tree interrupting the flow, it’s really quite modern looking even in tonality and I could really do a whole series of them. If I’m doing a whole series, maybe I should find a place to show them and for this April show do a nice little watercolor violet… The proceeds from the art auction all go to the Friends of the Library so I want to donate something that’ll sell well. What would you people bid on?



















Go ahead and click on the photo, it'll get really big

5 comments:

BoomBoom said...

Black on Black nude silhoutte, widely matted in a deep reddish brown with a dark mahogany frame.

Jenny said...

I have a pair of black and white nude inks matted and framed. They used to hang in our bedroom and have since moved to the front hallway where they lean against the wall behind gobs of paintings.

Jo said...

So far I haven't seen anything you have done that I wouldn't be thrilled to have hanging in my living room. So paint away!

Anonymous said...

Nice, that would be a great picture to put on canvas. Looks like it was taken from Highway 20 pointing somewhat North. Anyway it brings back memories of Northern Illinois where I used to live. Living in Arizona now.

Jenny said...

It taken from HWY 20 pointing North! WOW!