Nov 9, 2007

Hey! What the?!!

We scrimmaged last night and I forgot what it’s like to try to get your teammates together into a certain pattern but have a mouth guard in and refs are yelling fouls from two different directions all the while the jammers are making her way through the pack and skaters are knocking into you so hard that instead of being able to reason “go left while Subpoena Envy goes right and we’ll block her with a vee formation” the only thought you can put together in your head is “Hey! What the *&%$! – quit knocking into me!” “HEY! Get the Hey! HEY! Get the $%^4@ outta my WAY!” Tempers flare, that’s what good blocking does, it confuses you and makes you want to scream things but with a mouth guard in it mostly comes out “Guh! Shah fah fuh guh!” while you drool on yourself. So it’s frustrating at the least and fun as heck at its best. It’ll be so much easier when we’re playing someone else and I can focus the frustration at someone who’s real name I don’t know. I can hardly wait, I am glad to say we have some hard hitters skating interference and I’m glad their on my team that’s for sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that your Roller Derby Divas are coming together nicely as a team,(and I hope you don't take that the wrong way, but I'll bet that Boom Boom Martini would)! Keep me informed of you teams progress, either by regular email, or through your blog, (I do check your blog every day). Let me know when you are traveling to Las Vegas again, I want to be there for sure this time! GO DIVAS !!!!