Dec 26, 2007

Celia Rivenbark, I Think I Love You

Yesterday, I received a hilarious book by author Celia Rivenbark, "Stop Dressing Your Six-Year-Old Like a Skank." The first chapter details a trip to Disneyland fulfilling her family's utter craving for "total escape and plastic happiness." I was laughing so hard in the first three pages I had to read it aloud to Dan. She also wrote "Bless Your Heart, Tamp" and "We're Just Like You, Only Prettier" which I will probably order this week as I'll be finished with the first book this afternoon and together they'll have enough snark in them to balance out all the gooey sweetness of the holidays.

Excerpt here or if you prefer your funny in smaller daily chunks, Celia's column is here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But will she have a follow-up titled, "Stop Eating Crayons, You're Scaring the Children"? Because that's the book I really need.

Jo said...

Oh the bad funniness of Celia! I think I love her. Thanks!

Jenny said...

I finished it and am going to order the other two today. FUNNY!