Aug 2, 2010

On Parenting - Part II

More events for the Parentolypics, in the newborn category:
  • The pee dodge
  • Marathon infant holding - extra points for eating with one hand
  • Speed showering
  • 20 Sit-up burping at 2am & 5am
  • Sleep deprivation vocabulary use - extra points for knowing what that thingamajig is
###

I am taking the kids to Illinois on Wednesday for two weeks. I am planning to fly up, bringing only one suitcase, a diaper bag, a car seat and a stroller. Yes, one suitcase for the three of us, for two weeks. It will contain;

For me:
  • One dress
  • One pair of jeans
  • Two skirts
  • Four shirts
  • One long sleeve sweater (it gets down in the low 70s up there!)
  • Sandals
  • Tennis shoes & socks
For Ella:
  • Two dresses
  • Two shorts
  • One skirt
  • Four shirts
  • One pair of pants
  • One sweatshirt
  • Flip Flops
  • Tennis shoes & socks
  • Swimming suit
  • Crayons and a coloring book
For Jack:
  • Three blankets
  • Four t-shirts
  • Four pants
  • Two sleepers
  • Sun hat
  • Booties
General junk:
  • Bathroom stuff
  • Baby monitor
  • Mosquito net
  • Two slings
  • Chargers for phone, camera etc.
I plan to do laundry often and buy what I don't bring. I'll let you know if it's a total debacle or if I finally didn't over-pack.

###

My son is outgrowing everything. He's wearing an outfit marked 3 months today. He's 26 days old. I think the next pack of diapers I buy will have to be size 2, to prevent leaking right out the side where his chubby little thigh sticks out. I guess they do make everything bigger in Texas.

No comments: