Feb 17, 2010

On Pregnancy

I haven't really written about it yet because I was just too nervous about it. In the last few weeks I've been getting kicked from the inside out and that has done a lot to reassure me. Whenever I get worried I drink some orange juice and lay down and they they are, the big kicks. I'm craving breakfast all the time, specifically Jimmy Dean pre-cooked microwavable breakfast sausages which I still fry in a pan to get the outside crunchy and orange juice. No, it really doesn't give me the heart burn it should.

In the last two weeks my body doesn't fit into any of my previous warm clothes. I can get my jeans on but can only zip them half way so they must be worn with a long shirt and any shirt I had is busting at the seams, so I've invested in a few pieces and am hoping for the weather to warm up enough for some sun dresses soon as the ones I own all still fit.

We are going to move to a bigger place. I'm not sure if it's going to be another apartment, a townhouse (which I am hoping for) or a house, but this will take place when I am 8 months along. So, if any of you are looking for an excuse to come to Houston, I will feed you like royalty for a week if you come when I need help packing.

I can't stop sleeping. Thank God for Kindergarten.

I quit taking the prenatal vitamins because they make me barf. I should be past the barfing. I started taking two Flintstone vitamins instead. It has all the same things but is chewable and keeps from from having to open my purse at the stop light to hurl into. I told my nurse last week about the change and she said the Flinstones don't contain the DHA. Screw DHA, it makes me barf. I'll just have to read extra books to my baby to make up for the "up to six IQ points" he won't get from the drugs that make me ill. I also read the food that contains DHA naturally is the same food they told me not to eat and sound totally yummy to me Liver and Fish. Next they'll tell me apple peels are cancerous but take this pill to make sure you get enough fiber.

I'm going to have to switch doctors at the last month because of the move. I want to go to the closest hospital and we are looking at places North of Houston. The school district is good, it's closer to our new friends and the skate rink and the housing is magnificent for the price. We'll still be within an hour from the ocean. It'd be like moving from Cherry Valley to Roscoe. We're excited about the move.

It's going to cost us at least $2,500.00 to have this baby. That's our portion, it's also about how much we'll get back in taxes this year. I asked "what if we don't pay it? Do they not let me have the baby?" and the accountant laughed and said I'd just get the doctor on call at the hospital instead. I'm not sure how this is worse, I'll have only known my doctor for four weeks at that point.

We have no idea what we'll do with Ella when I'm in labor. Mom is going to try and come down, but who knows what the timeline will be. Maybe I'll bring Ella with and she and Dan can step out when it get to the last 20 minutes. I want a midwife or a doula, it costs another couple grand for that. Laboring in America sucks.

No comments: