Aug 28, 2009

Fluorescent Bunny Alert

There was a point in my life when I was sure that everything had been done. Every story told, ever painting painted and everything after was just a variation of something else. I suppose we could still boil it all down to woman vs nature, herself etc... but I'm getting off subject. I thought this for a long time and sometimes I would get on the internet and type in "show me something new" or "original thoughts" it took years before I stumbled on Alba the work of Eduardo Kac. Seeing him shook me. Clearly I was mistaken and ever after when I see something truly new I think of it as a fluorescent bunny moment.

This morning, the main stream media showed me a story about a lady who does sand animation. I'm not sure what makes me more happy; seeing something new, or having proof that people en mass can and will appreciate art that doesn't involve boobs and explosions, or seeing the main stream media cover it. If you haven't watched it yet, here is Kseniya Simonova, a 24 year old sand animator who just won top prize in Ukrain's Got Talent, doing sand animation portraying life during WWII.

4 comments:

Michelle Gautreaux said...

that is too cool!
we have art after dark walks in town and i love to see all the artists come out of hiding and there's always interesting unique stuff. i participate, but i can't say i'm that great!

Mike Lyons said...

It's not art if there's no boobs. I mean, I'm pretty sure. ;)

Jenny said...

I'll remember that when doing my next landscape.

Jo said...

I love sand painting like this, although this is the first time one made me want to cry from sorrow and frustration.