Jul 6, 2009

Extra

We have an abundance of time these days. I didn't think it would impact us so much to have a dishwasher and a garbage disposal and a washer and dryer on the same floor as the bedrooms and bathrooms. It's also quite astonishing how easily one can save time by using a chopper/blender instead of hand cutting a thing. My old kitchen didn't have any counter tops or any outlets and so plugging in any appliances beyond the toaster, coffee pot and the radio was a bigger chore than just getting out a knife and chopping a tomato. Ella and I rattle around the apartment until we can take it no more at which time we visit the pool. I read and Ella swims until we get hungry and lately I've been using the gym more and more. I'm doing 3.5 miles in 25 minutes. What do people do when they have a maintenance free place to live and modern conveniences? Get this, I can vacuum the entire place in 10 minutes. I used to joke that I needed a riding lawn mower (I mean vacuum) at the church. All this extra time feels purely frivolous especially in comparison to the frantic packing and cleaning I did the month before. I think it may be time to get the paints out.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

7 minute miles?! that's awesome!
enjoy this quiet time while you can. i'm sure it won't last long!

Jenny said...

wow - I never broke it down like that. I suppose it is. Now I'm all impressed with myself. Thanks!

Yay for three years of skating twice a week.