Have you heard yourself say any of the following phrases?
- "It's not Rockford's fault."
- "Rockford is trying to be better."
- "There were some bad choices in the past and we're working on it."
- "It's a good city in it's own way, really."
- "Stop criticizing and and ease up, Rockford is trying hard."
- "It's not that bad, at least we aren't Detroit."
- "Rockford is actually really creative and misunderstood."
- "I don't know what I'd do if I moved."
- "It's better for the kids to stay."
- "You don't understand the way it is."
- "Being in Rockford is tough, but a few times a year it's wonderful."
- "It's hard to get Rockford to see that anything is wrong."
- "I'm strong enough to weather the tough times, I belong here with family."
- "It's up to me to make it work."
- "It's my fault, I just need to try harder."
- "It's just a small problem with drugs and alcohol."
- "It's not really that violent."
- "It's fine if you just stay away from Rockford's bad side."
- "You should've seen Rockford back in the day."
(Yes, I know I still choose to visit a few times a year. Rockford, it it weren't for the people I love still there, you'd be history!)
Where I'm from.
In all seriousness if you or someone you know is in an abusive relationship there is help.