Sep 1, 2009

How to Smooth Frizzy Locks

I don't want to. I'm sick of hearing that I should - so piss off hair product industry. My hair is curly, and in Texas, even curlier. There is no way I'm going to spend any amount of time with a flat iron, blow dryer or any other type of smelly, fiddly product when it's likely that I will step out into the actual fresh air today and play with my kid.

In fact most sauna-like days it's going to be pulled into a bun or a braid and then all the little frizzles and ringlets will get free and be who they wanna be in all their spinny, swirly glory. Or my hair will be soaking wet because I'm at the pool or it's raining at wich time it will be getting ready to curl up. I also like my grey hairs, it took me a long time to earn them, and I plan to keep them.













Also see Chris Rock's new movie "Good Hair"

3 comments:

Jo said...

Wow! I can't get over how long your hair is. It is absolutely beautiful. Let it be, in the wise words of some bugs.

Chrissy said...

That movie looks amazing.
And yes, there is no such thing as not having frizzy hair when you live in Texas. Let it all hang out! ;)

Mike Lyons said...

What the crap is wrong with curly hair anyway? People are freaks.