Jan 8, 2018

Half Way

Halfway Down
By A. A. Milne

Halfway down the stairs
Is a stair
Where I sit.
There isn't any
Other stair
Quite like
It.
I'm not at the bottom,
I'm not at the top;
So this is the stair
Where
I always
Stop.

Halfway up the stairs
Isn't up
And it isn't down.
It isn't in the nursery,
It isn't in town.
And all sorts of funny thoughts
Run round my head.
It isn't really
Anywhere!
It's somewhere else
Instead!

***

About half way through every project, I hate what I'm doing.  It's not turning out how I had it in my head and I've looked at it too long, it's feeling overworked and I want to literally kick it across the room.  Once I let go of what I thought it was going to be, finish and fix what I have, it usually turns out pretty good.

***

Hello 2018!  Let's do better than last year.

***

No comments: