May 25, 2006

Excuses excuses

We are having guests on Monday to eat and watch the parade that goes right in front of our house. Even before we owned this house we used to come and sit on the front porch with the previous owners during the parade. We've been doing this for 12 years. It’s practically an institution now. If we weren’t here, we’d be at the Brookfield Zoo celebrating the opening of a New Carousel and listening to Justin Roberts. How cool is that for a kid; new carousel, a zoo full of animals and the new dude from the Noggin videos. If any of you people go please take pics and tell me how fabulous it was.

I used to spend all weekend cleaning in preperation, this year I started early and hope to have the house in sparkling before the weekend so I can relax a little. But that means today and tomorrow are going to be a mad flurry of Mr. Clean and Lemon Wax.
It also means I am rambling today - no point - brain on auto pilot.

5 comments:

BoomBoom said...

Hey - that give me an idea...let's pick a weekday and I will take it off work so we can take the kids to the zoo. I just have to coordinate it with the 9,283 baseball games I have in the next seven weeks.

Jenny said...

OK! I'm game! I can fit all three of your kids, my kid and you in my van and we can pack a cooler.

BoomBoom said...

I found a date...I'll email you.

punkymom said...

Your house is always clean even when you say it's dirty and we've known each other long enough to agree when we say our house is a mess! I am trying to find my kitchen, not because of dishes but because it is our temporary file for everything. I know what your saying about the party, we said the same about the 4th we always went to a party somewhere and last year we went to Baraboo and went camping at a really pretty evergreen filled camping resort, with showers,swimming pools,volleyball and more. Wish should go some year during the fall they have a Halloween party & parade.

Jenny said...

Halloween Parade? I love parades!