Dec 16, 2005

Breakfast at Bombadee's III

I put my waffles in the toaster and then fed you the only two cherries in the whole can of fruit cocktail, that’s all you wanted. The waffles weren’t done so I poked them back down into the toaster. A good song came on the radio and you took me by the hand and we danced in our jammies in the middle of the kitchen giggling and yelling “oooh lalala – oooh lalala!” I burned my waffles cause I was dancing, but the butter melted right into them they were so hot. I gave you the corner that wasn’t burnt. You sucked the butter out and fed the remainders to our dog while I ate the burnt part. I wiped you nose and put you in the tub. You splashed me and said “Funny Momma?” It’s these little things you don’t comprehend that make me realize my Mother. You won’t get it until you are the one giving up the non-burnt corner of your waffle...

2 comments:

BoomBoom said...

This morning as I was leaving the house I gave SugarLips his usual kiss goodbye followed by an "I love you". For the first time, instead of his usual "K" response I heard "luv too".

My entire body melted and I almost cried because I had to leave the house and wait eleven hours before I could possibly hear it again.

Side note. My word verification is "xhookrs". I hope thats not describing us.

Anonymous said...

Lovely post. I love it when people capture these brief moments. This is the essence of being a mom!